Considerations for Your Kitchen Design
Updating your kitchen design can seem like an overwhelming task, involving decisions on faucets, cabinets, countertops, sinks, and lighting. Weinstein Kitchen and Bath Showroom encourages you to read their kitchen design checklist to make sure you remember key considerations for your updated kitchen.
There are different modern styles to choose from:
- Pull-out sprayer faucet. These can be used with under-mount or top-mounted kitchen sinks.
- Pull-down faucet. These faucets integrate the sprayer into the faucet, rather than being a separate feature on the sink. Read more about pull-down faucets here.
- Touchless sensor faucet. Good for keeping germs off faucet handles.
- When selecting cabinets, you will want to consider the material of which they are made and if the color tone fits with the rest of the kitchen design.
- If you want extra convenience, consider models with pull-out shelves or special compartments for storing small items like spices or utensils
Countertops are another essential part of your kitchen design. Granite, marble, and quartz countertops are popular options because they are durable and easy to clean. Ceramic, laminate, and wood or butcher block are other great options.
Kitchens with stainless steel counters have also become increasingly common. Stainless steel is useful in kitchens because it will not stain and is essentially indestructible.
There are many options of sink styles to consider.
- Farmhouse sinks are large, single basin sinks. Their front wall simultaneously serves as the front of the sink and the front of the counter.
- Integrated sinks are made from the same material as the countertop and blend with the counter.
- Top-mount sink. The most popular kind of kitchen sink installs from above and has a rim around the sink on the countertop.
- Undermount sink. These sinks attach to the bottom of the counter with clips and sits inside the countertop.
- Dual basin sinks. This popular sink has two sides; one can be used for washing and the other drying.
Kitchen lighting options include overhead lighting and under-cabinet lighting. Make sure there is enough lighting for cooking and clean-up as this will make a kitchen feel brighter and allow for easier and safer handling of kitchen utensils. A light that’s easy to install, is energy efficient, and can be dimmed or brightened as needed is often the most convenient and favorable option.
Summary on Kitchen Design
- Faucets: You want a faucet that is functional and works best for the layout of your kitchen and cooking/cleaning needs.
- Cabinets: Make sure they are the right size and style for your space.
- Countertops: Your countertop can be made from anything from granite to wood, laminate, or stainless steel.
- Sinks: You can choose from a variety of sink options and styles that are most appealing for your lifestyle.
- Lighting: Make sure there’s enough overhead or under-cabinet lighting installed throughout the kitchen to ensure safety and make the room bright for cooking, eating and entertaining.
We hope this article encourages you to make informed decisions for your kitchen design. Weinstein Kitchen & Bath Showroom in Broomall encourages you to reach out to discuss your vision for your kitchen remodel and allow their experts to guide you through the decisions along the way. Get in touch with them at 610-409-8500, or check out more about kitchen design here.